Junior Python/C++/C Developer
|Title:||Junior Python/C++/C Developer|
DescriptionWe are looking for smart, capable, qualified programmers that can help us hurtle MakerBot Industries into the twenty-second century, and beyond. Candidates will be strong coders with good communication and community skills. You’ll be creating our next-generation software, maintaining our current code base, and interacting with our users to help address their needs and improve 3D printing for everyone.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Writing and building cross-platform tools for 3D printing and manipulation
- Quickly turning sketchy ideas into solid features, using Open Source technology and leverging existing tools whenever possible
- Creating reliable, reusable, testable code
- Strong C++, Python, and Linux Skills skills
- Knowledge or experience in Linux tools development, or desktop app development
- Understanding of testing methodologies and practices
- BA/BS degree in related field (CS/CE/EE/ME)
- Experience with Qt cross platform GUI work
- Cross-platform build and testing skills
- Have contributed to an open source project or product
MakerBot Industries is a rapidly growing, Brooklyn-based startup that designs and manufactures low cost 3D printers. We make machines that make things! We’re deeply committed to open source hardware and software, and have the goal of getting these incredible tools into the hands of makers, inventors, and ordinary people around the world. Check us out in the New York Times, Wired, and on The Colbert Report.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications