DescriptionWe’re looking for a capable, driven Front-End Engineer that will join the team building and maintaining the MakerBot site, the Thingiverse community and more. Candidates should be strong web developers with front-end and back-end skills who work well independently and in pairs. We love people who love to make things, so tell us about what you’ve made.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Frontend development of new functionality and site designs
- Developing great web-based design tools and interfaces
- Debugging and bugfixing in existing and new code
- Writing awesome code that you can be proud of
- Excellent design skills
- Capable of transforming design mockups into HTML/CSS templates
- Comfortable working with cutting edge technologies like HTML5 and WebGL
- Passion for UI design
- Functional knowledge of MVC
- Familiarity with 3D printing / digital fabrication / MakerBot
MakerBot Industries is a rapidly growing, Brooklyn-based startup that designs and manufactures low cost 3D printers. We make machines that make things! We’re deeply committed to open source hardware and software, and have the goal of getting these incredible tools into the hands of makers, inventors, and ordinary people around the world. Check us out in the New York Times, Wired, and on The Colbert Report.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications