SOX Compliance Manager
|Title:||SOX Compliance Manager|
DescriptionSOX Compliance Manager
Thanks for considering a career at MakerBot. Over the last five years, MakerBot has defined a new industry: desktop 3D printing. Now we’re on a mission to bring 3D printing and screening to everyone.
The SOX Compliance Manager’s role encompasses the management of the Company’s first-year Sarbanes Oxley (SOX 404) program in order to ensure regulatory compliance with a focus on documenting and improving compliance and understanding of internal control. A successful candidate in this position manages SOX compliance efforts, including, but not limited to, the following: development and maintenance of the SOX project plan; thorough SOX documentation of controls design; execution of work programs to test operational effectiveness of key controls using a variety of approaches, including sampling, corroboration, observation and performance; and testing of controls to identify and classify deficiencies and necessary remediation.
If, in addition, to your extensive financial and operational audit experience, you demonstrate a strong level of accountability for confidentiality of information as well as the ability to exercise initiative and judgment in your job performance, this is your chance to be a part of the Next Industrial Revolution with MakerBot.
As SOX Compliance Manager you will:
- Provide leadership and expertise on all aspects of the SOX process
- Monitor changes to (and creation of) Company process documentation including changes to narratives, documented controls and risk assessment
- In collaboration with process owners, ensure proper documentation of all policies and procedures applicable to the key controls of significant processes
- Identify key controls and then develop/update work programs for testing of these key controls
- Supervise ongoing testing of the Company’s internal control environment for compliance with existing control documentation while analyzing the effectiveness of the controls in achieving control objectives
- Communicate to process owners and SOX management any control deficiencies and provides recommendations for remediation
- Maintain proactive communication with SOX stakeholders regarding management expectations, best practices, and changes in compliance within the control environment
- Apply best practices and identifies compliance process improvements
- Influence adoption of compliance initiatives
- Develop enhancements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the SOX compliance/assessment process
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership on compliance issues on a routine basis
- Develop and produces presentations and reports relevant to SOX project status, trends, and results
- Ensure that the SOX documentation database is updated and maintained on an ongoing basis
- When not performing SOX duties, supervise and perform a wide variety of internal audits, including financial audits, operational audits, information technology audits, management reviews, management advisory services, and special projects
- When supervising and performing internal audits, evaluate and provide recommendations to improve procedures and internal controls
- Assist in development and completion of internal audit programs, performance of field work, preparation of comprehensive working papers and draft reports with minimal supervision
- Ensure that the Company and its employees are in compliance with internal procedures and laws and regulations
- Act as key liaison with external auditors, providing support as necessary
- Act as key liaison with Parent company’s internal audit team
- Supervise and performs audits through and around the Company’s computer information systems
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered for the SOX Compliance Manager position, you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related discipline; MBA preferred
- Professional certification of one or more of the following: CPA, CIA, CISA, CMA, CA, CFE.
- 5+ years of experience in internal audit or public accounting, including at least one year at a Manager level, preferably in a mid-size to large, publicly traded company.
- 3+ years of experience supervising a SOX compliance effort or having substantial responsibility for major aspects of a SOX compliance effort
- Advanced knowledge of COSO, GAAP, SEC and PCAOB regulations and requirements
- Experience in testing, measuring and evaluating of internal controls; auditing of policies, procedures, practices; maintaining risk and control documentation; process improvement; drafting reports, etc.
- Excellent project management, and communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated team leadership, facilitation skills and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate both orally and in writing with all levels of employees, including senior management and external auditors
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Team player with the ability to develop collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of current computerized office equipment and programs, to include, Microsoft Office Products software (Word/Excel/Access) is required
- Up to date with industry and regulatory changes and professional standards
Extra Experience counts too!
- Professional experience with 3D printing or MakerBot is a significant plus
- Experience with Sage X3 ERP, Magneto.Magento Enterprise and Salesforce a pus
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard work are encouraged and rewarded? If you’re a passionate, driven, talented individual looking to join a team of folks just like you, MakerBot is the place to be.
Don’t settle for being another cog in the machine. We’re looking for people who believe, like we do, if you can dream it, you can make it! As a MakerBot employee, no matter what department you’re in, you’ll make meaningful contributions to developing the products and ideas at the forefront of the 3D printing revolution.
Life moves fast here at MakerBot, but that’s how we like it. We’ve got a work-hard-play-hard culture that’s tough to beat. Your team may stay late to get the job done but still make it to Trivia Night.
We offer benefits like full medical and dental coverage. Our package also includes a Commuter Benefits Program, to help you take advantage of the public transit in and around Brooklyn. There are also monthly movie nights and a book club. Plus we reward employees who’ve gone above and beyond the call of duty at our monthly bagel breakfast and celebrate birthdays, too with an amazing spread of cupcakes.
Learn more about us at makerbot.com.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications