Senior Manufacturing Engineer
|Title:||Senior Manufacturing Engineer|
DescriptionSenior Manufacturing Engineer
Thanks for considering a career at MakerBot. Over the last five years, MakerBot has defined a new industry: desktop 3D printing. Now we’re on a mission to bring 3D printing and scanning to everyone.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is a technical lead within the manufacturing engineering department. Primary focus is: process improvement, designing and maintaining product lines, PFMEA open issues, automation implementation, tool and gage design, facility design, and maintenance of all equipment. If you can lead and coach engineering teams to drive efficiency through the manufacturing process, this is your chance to be a part of the Next Industrial Revolution with MakerBot.
As Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will:
- Lead factory manufacturing engineering team in collaboration with plant management
- Support operations by working with product and test engineering on new product introductions and line extensions
- Lead, communicate, and track plant capital projects
- Analyze, evaluate and propose equipment, process, and facility layout to ensure the most efficient operating conditions
- Generate and report project status and timelines
- Evaluate manufacturing process constraints based on one’s own knowledge and the observations of the manufacturing team members, propose and implement solutions
- Recommend and justify the most efficient use of existing production equipment and provide new equipment justification based on labor and material savings
- Calculate production, labor, and material cost, reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements
- Determine manufacturability of products and insure manufacturing processes and equipment have sufficient capability to meet customer quality requirements by analyzing capability studies, control charts, and other statistical data
- Actively participate in program updates with executive management and issues action items to assigned team members
- Manage and prepare quality documentation for the release to manufacturing
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations; develop, implement and champion manufacturing safety initiatives
- Interact with product development teams in all phases of the product development lifecycle
- Participate in design reviews, DFMEA, DFMA, safety/compliance reviews and product builds
- Manage and evaluate manufacturing and process documentation for the release to manufacturing
- Encourage communication within work teams, establish good report and maintain high employee morale
- Provide strategy for continuous improvement goals to specifically improve output and reduce defects incrementally year over year
- Develop, build and expand the organization and departmental goals and objectives
- Implement key strategies and meet targets and objectives as defined in departmental goals
- Maintain safe and effective working standards for all personnel
- Provide high level communication summaries and presentations for management
To be considered for the Senior Manufacturing Engineer position, you need:
- BSME, BSIE, BSEE, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on a manufacturing team
- High level of leadership skills with a desire to cultivate leadership and performance in direct reports
- Knowledge of hardware specifications, manufacturing methods and procedures, process engineering, injection molded design and/or sheet-metal manufacturing, and packaging
- Experience designing or implementing automation including vision systems, robotics, and PLC programming
- Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around production and process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), consumer complaints, and product improvement activities
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills, ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy to ensure compliance
- Excellent oral communication & report, business correspondence & procedure-writing skills
- Change agent with energy, passion, and enthusiasm to drive change
- Ability to multitask and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
- Understands use of hand tools in assembly lines, ergonomics and safety
- Excellent people skills, 'on the shop floor' attitude, hands on
- Experience with ERP and/or inventory management systems
- Experience Supervising groups of people
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, product and process verification and validation methodologies, and manufacturing / production process control methodologies
Extra Experience counts too!
- Experience with appliance, automotive or electromechanical device manufacturing a plus
- Lean, Six Sigma, TQM and JIT experience a plus
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard work are encouraged and rewarded? If you’re a passionate, driven, talented individual looking to join a team of folks just like you, MakerBot is the place to be.
Don’t settle for being another cog in the machine. We’re looking for people who believe, like we do, if you can dream it, you can make it! As a MakerBot employee, no matter what department you’re in, you’ll make meaningful contributions to developing the products and ideas at the forefront of the 3D printing revolution.
Life moves fast here at MakerBot, but that’s how we like it. We’ve got a work-hard-play-hard culture that’s tough to beat. Your team may stay late to get the job done but still make it to Trivia Night.
We offer benefits like full medical and dental coverage. Our package also includes a Commuter Benefits Program, to help you take advantage of the public transit in and around Brooklyn. There are also monthly movie nights and a book club. Plus we reward employees who’ve gone above and beyond the call of duty at our monthly bagel breakfast and celebrate birthdays, too with an amazing spread of cupcakes.
Learn more about us at makerbot.com.