Development Manager for MakerBot Academy
|Title:||Development Manager for MakerBot Academy|
DescriptionDevelopment Manager for MakerBot Academy
Thanks for considering a career at MakerBot. Over the last five years, MakerBot has defined a new industry: desktop 3D printing. Now we're on a mission to bring 3D printing and scanning to everyone.
MakerBot is looking for a Development Manager for MakerBot Academy to leverage key relationships and contacts within and outside of established networks to ensure fundraising goals are met. If you are a mission-driven leader who loves to develop strategies, engage with sponsors in ongoing service activities, and pursue fundraising goals in a fast-paced environment, this is your chance to be a part of the Next Industrial Revolution with MakerBot.
As Development Manager for MakerBot Academy, you will:
- Create and implement quarterly development plan and strategy
- Lead and manage overall development efforts
- Train other staff to support fundraising and marketing efforts
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and prospective corporate and foundation sponsors; individual donors
- Develop and grow our individual donor base; cultivate major gifts
- Assist in creating a comprehensive marketing and public relations strategy
- Develop special fundraising events
- Bachelor’s Degree a must, Master’s Degree and exposure to technology industry is a plus
- 10+ years business development experience in a service industry or nonprofit environment; emphasis on corporate sponsorships is a plus
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Experience working with senior leadership team in a corporate environment
- High energy, positive, “Can-do” attitude, flexibility, high degree of initiative
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new relationships
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
- Impeccably organization and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard work are encouraged and rewarded? If you’re a passionate, driven, talented individual looking to join a team of folks just like you, MakerBot is the place to be.
Don’t settle for being another cog in the machine. We’re looking for people who believe, like we do, if you can dream it, you can make it! As a MakerBot employee, no matter what department you’re in, you’ll make meaningful contributions to developing the products and ideas at the forefront of the 3D printing revolution.
Life moves fast here at MakerBot, but that’s how we like it. We’ve got a work-hard-play-hard culture that’s tough to beat. Your team may stay late to get the job done but still make it to Trivia Night.
We offer benefits like full medical and dental coverage. Our package also includes a Commuter Benefits Program, to help you take advantage of the public transit in and around Brooklyn. There are also monthly movie nights and a book club. Plus we reward employees who’ve gone above and beyond the call of duty at our monthly bagel breakfast and celebrate birthdays, too with an amazing spread of cupcakes.
Learn more about us at makerbot.com.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications