Art Director for 2D Design
|Title:||Art Director for 2D Design|
DescriptionMakerBot is seeking a well-rounded designer/art director to join our growing in-house creative group. Your talents are translating concepts and ideas to graphics. Working alongside the Senior Designer, you’ll help set the standard for great design at MakerBot.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the creation and production for a variety of 2D media, including print materials (posters, cards), interior graphics, digital images for web and video, and other applications
- Create and maintain the look and feel that embodies the voice of MakerBot through graphics
- The Art Director works closely with the Head of Marketing and Senior Designer. Collaboration with photographers, writers, and project managers is all in a day’s work.
- The Art Director will be responsible for operating his own project workflow, overseeing record-keeping and project management, organizing files and digital assets, coordinating with internal clients and external partners and vendors, proposing budgets for technology and supplies, maintaining workstation(s) and equipment by making necessary updates and repairs (ie, looking after my own computer)
- Work to ensure consistent representation of MakerBot in all forms of media
- 3+ years in working as a creative designer, including experience designing for retail environments (POP, interior graphics, packaging, promo, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience working with an entrepreneurial or start-up organization
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite 5/5.5 (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, and mainly in that order) with knowledge of best practices and workflows
- Ability and willingness to work in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Amazing communication skills – verbal, written and social media
- Inscrutable attention to detail – know to edit forwards, backwards and sideways
- Extremely comfortable with all things Internet
- Exude passion, fun, dedication, sincerity and extreme enthusiasm in the most sincere of ways
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
- Knowledge of 3D modeling techniques and CAD software titles such as Google Sketch-Up or Solidworks
- Skilled with HTML and web-based workflow, such as for email templates
- Ability to hand-illustrate, create custom type treatments, and make digital collages
MakerBot Industries is a rapidly growing, Brooklyn-based startup that designs and manufactures low cost 3D printers. We make machines that make things! We’re deeply committed to open source hardware and software, and have the goal of getting these incredible tools into the hands of makers, inventors, and ordinary people around the world. Check us out in the New York Times, Wired, and on The Colbert Report.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications