Manager of Business Development
|Title:||Manager of Business Development|
DescriptionCan you identify synergies and make deals that are greater than the sum of the parts? At MakerBot, an amazing idea is brought to life in seconds, whether a concept, a new product or an experience. We need people who share our passion for turning dreams into reality.
We're looking for an out-of-the-box, passionate and creative Manager of Business Development to work with our Biz Dev. Director developing and managing partnerships. If you are a self-starter who has worked in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment and know how to open doors with partners and channels, join MakerBot and help us fuel the next Industrial Revolution.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage, create and develop partnerships that are both channel and opportunity driven
- Manage metrics and reporting for defined partnerships
- Develop partner strategy that continues to position MakerBot with first movers and leaders in industry
- Tirelessly open doors to the right partners to enable the next Industrial Revolution
- Ruthlessly set and manage targets for our partners to pursue
- Be accountable to plan – create reporting package and live and die by it
- 3+ years in a position of either leadership in an early adopter technology company, a bleeding edge concept or as a creative and out-of-the-box dynamo business development leader
- 3+ years of experience working with an entrepreneurial or start-up organization – preferably in taking a company from early adopter to mainstream marketplace
- Ability and willingness to work in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Amazing communication skills – verbal, written and social media
- Extremely comfortable with all things Internet
- Excruciating attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate that you have met or exceeded sales goals and expectations
- Strong negotiating skills; very familiar with legal contracts and the financial drivers behind them
- Ability to travel
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys, Ltd., is leading the Next Industrial Revolution by setting the standards in reliable and affordable desktop 3D printing. Founded in 2009, MakerBot has built the largest installed base of desktop 3D printers sold to innovative and industry-leading customers worldwide, including engineers, architects, designers, educators and consumers. MakerBot’s 3D Ecosystem drives accessibility and rapid adoption of 3D printing and includes: Thingiverse.com, the MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner, the MakerBot Replicator line of Desktop 3D Printers, MakerWare software, MakerCare, the MakerBot retail store, and strategic partnerships with top-tier brands. MakerBot has been honored with many accolades, including Popular Mechanics’ “Overall Winner” for best 3D printer, Time Magazine’s “Best Inventions of 2012,” Popular Mechanics’ “Editor’s Choice Award,” Popular Science’s “Product of the Year,” Fast Company’s “One of the World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics,” and many more. Join the Next Industrial Revolution by following MakerBot at makerbot.com.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications