Retail Assistant Store Manager- Boston
|Title:||Retail Assistant Store Manager- Boston|
DescriptionRetail Assistant Store Manager-Boston
Thanks for considering a career at MakerBot. Over the last five years, MakerBot has defined a new industry: desktop 3D printing. Now we’re on a mission to bring 3D printing and scanning to everyone.
Help customers, see, experience and buy all things MakerBot at our Boston, MA retail store. The Assistant Manager is responsible for creating a positive customer experience and working with management to achieve operational goals and standards by providing administrative and scheduling support to the store manager. If you are a customer-focused leader who is a strong communicator and dedicated to fostering teamwork, this is your chance to be a part of the Next Industrial Revolution with MakerBot.
As Retail Assistant Store Manager-Boston, you will:
- Provide expert advice to customers in all areas of the store
- Advise Store Manager on staffing needs and personnel issues
- Create schedules to ensure adequate and efficient staffing at all times
- Report staff hours to the Payroll department and respond to all inquiries
- Motivate staff while maintaining a positive work environment
- Facilitate clear communication between retail floor staff and HQ
- Work with retail marketing to schedule class events and training sessions
- Schedule class events and training sessions
- College education preferred
- Passion for the customer experience
- 2+ years experience in retail management a must
- Desire for continual on-the-job learning
- Strong problem solving skills
- Accountable & dependable attitude
- Ability to work in a high-energy environment
- Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Must have flexible schedule including mornings, evenings and weekend availability
- Required to work occasional on/off-site promotional events and teach classes
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis. This employer will not sponsor applications for work/student Visas.
- 3D printing experience/technology experience
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard work are encouraged and rewarded? If you’re a passionate, driven, talented individual looking to join a team of folks just like you, MakerBot is the place to be.
Don’t settle for being another cog in the machine. We’re looking for people who believe, like we do, if you can dream it, you can make it! As a MakerBot employee, no matter what department you’re in, you’ll make meaningful contributions to developing the products and ideas at the forefront of the 3D printing revolution.
Life moves fast here at MakerBot, but that’s how we like it. We’ve got a work-hard-play-hard culture that’s tough to beat. Your team may stay late to get the job done but still make it to Trivia Night.
We offer benefits like full medical and dental coverage. Our package also includes a Commuter Benefits Program, to help you take advantage of the public transit in and around Brooklyn. There are also monthly movie nights and a book club. Plus we reward employees who’ve gone above and beyond the call of duty at our monthly bagel breakfast and celebrate birthdays, too with an amazing spread of cupcakes.
Learn more about us at makerbot.com.